How do I add Coinbase to Google Authenticator?
How to enable Duo or Google authenticator on Coinbase
- Navigate to the Security Settings page.
- Select the Select button in the Authenticator App box.
How does Google Authenticator work with Coinbase?
Coinbase shows you a QR code, which is a representation of the secret key, which you then scan using an Authenticator app on your mobile device. Google Authenticator and several other authenticator apps allow you to generate TOTP codes using your mobile device or computer.
Which authenticator does Coinbase use?
Duo and Google Authenticator (TOTP) – Secure
Coinbase shows you a QR code, which represents the secret key, which you’ll then need to scan using an Authenticator app on your phone.
How do I get the QR code for Coinbase?
Click the add key button in the top right corner of the screen. In the next screen (QR code scanner) click the no barcode button. From there, you can select Coinbase. Enter your Coinbase account email and the Coinbase secret seed in the Account and Key fields.
What if I lost my phone with Google Authenticator?
If you’ve lost access to your primary phone, you can verify it’s you with:
- Another phone signed in to your Google Account.
- Another phone number you’ve added in the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
- A backup code you previously saved.
How do I log into Coinbase without Authenticator?
I no longer have access to my old mobile device
- From a computer, sign in to Coinbase using your email address and password.
- When prompted for your 2-step authentication code, click the “Unable to submit a one-time code?” link. …
- Select “I have lost my Authenticator App”
How do I get a Google Authenticator secret code?
Change which phone to send Authenticator codes
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- Under “Available second steps,” find “Authenticator app” and tap Change Phone.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I recover my Google Authenticator key?
If you have your backup key saved, follow these steps to recover the access: Download the Google Authenticator app on your device.
If you haven’t saved the backup key but have access to your 2FA code
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Profile → Security.
- Select Edit Settings → Deactivate 2FA.
- Enter your 2FA code to confirm.
How do I get my two step verification code for Coinbase?
SMS text. If you verify a phone number via text message without installing any TOTP authentication apps, you will automatically receive 2FA codes via SMS text message.
How does Google Authenticator work?
Google Authenticator is an alternative to SMS for 2Step verification, installing an app on Android where the codes will be sent. It works without any connectivity; it even works on plane mode.
How do I log into Coinbase?
2. Go to the Coinbase sign in page and enter your email address and password
- Use an up-to-date version of the Google Chrome browser.
- Photos of your ID can be uploaded—they don’t have to be taken with a webcam. …
- Take the picture in a well lit area (natural light works best)
- Use indirect light for your ID to avoid glare.
How do I set up 2 step verification?
Turn on 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification. Get started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I recover my Coinbase account?
If you need to recover access to your account:
- Open your Wallet app.
- Select I already have a Wallet then Restore with recovery phrase.
What is my Coinbase key?
Coinbase is a hosted wallet service, which means we manage your private keys for you, securing your funds with a password, device confirmation and 2-factor authentication. We take security very seriously at Coinbase and utilize our secure cold-storage technology to protect our customer’s funds.
What is Coinbase secret seed?
There is but ONE solution to the problem of losing your device with the Authenticator app: the SECRET SEED CODE. When you add your Coinbase account to your Authenticator app, it gives you a bar code to scan.